The program uses in all refinement steps analytical absorption corrections.
Because the path length of each reflection has to be calculated, this will
always be slow. Concerning speed, EUHEDRAL will not be able to compete with
other absorption correction programs.
- Start with a smaller size of the subfile. You can increase the
size in later stages of the refinement.
- Start with a larger tolerance (e.g. 0.1)
for distance and
volume refinements. In later stages you can lower the
tolerance to 0.01.
- The better the initial description, the faster you reach the minimum.
- The more faces you need, the slower the refinements.
- ABST is usually faster than ABSG.